Development & Events Manager
Location: Union Square, San Francisco
Type: Full time; hybrid
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: $55-65k, with very generous benefits package
Reports to: Director of Development
Reporting to the Director of Development (DoD), this position is responsible for managing the organization’s events program and supporting fundraising efforts as assigned. The candidate will possess the skills to work successfully with stakeholders across the organization, including board members, supporters, patrons, staff, and external vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● In coordination with DoD, manage the organization’s events program including donor events, Gala, and other events. Manage vendors, create invitations, manage invitation lists, and track RSVPs. Responsible for supporting technical functions for annual Gala and other events with direct support from the DoD. Assist with event budget management.
● Maintain the Development department calendar.
● Maintain donor records in PatronManager (Salesforce) and build and run reports as requested. Maintains electronic and hard copy individual and institutional donor files.
● Proofread a variety of public-facing materials including fundraising appeals, digital communications, letters, donor lists, and other pieces.
● Works with Office Coordinator to ensure timely processing of gifts and donation acknowledgements.
● Manages donor benefits fulfillment for both individual and institutional donors.
● Participates in donor cultivation and stewardship initiatives by phone, mail, email, and in person.
● Actively participates in Development and Gala Committee meetings, and other meetings as requested.
● Attends concerts and events throughout the season.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Experience working in a role with increasing responsibility.
● Superior computer skills and ability to learn new software applications.
● An avid learner who welcomes the opportunity to learn about classical, Baroque, and new music.
● Strong proofreading skills and painstaking attention to detail; values consistency and accuracy and believes these attributes are vital in maintaining superior internal and external relationships.
● Ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines in a very fast-paced environment.
● Adheres to deadlines and communicates professionally and effectively with managers and colleagues.
● Must be able to make decisions confidently and work independently. Mature team member who thinks on their own feet and thrives on making and suggesting improvements.
● Capable of implementing and maintaining systems to improve departmental output.
● Proven organizational skills.
● Diplomatic and professional demeanor and ability to navigate a range of stakeholders, and confidence in donor-facing situations.
● Must be able to attend and work at concerts and events in the evenings and weekends.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.