Job Title Telemarketing Representative
Department Marketing and Development
Location San Francisco, CA
Reports to Director of Marketing
Internationally-acclaimed San Francisco-based orchestra is seeking an experienced contract telemarketer to join our team. The position will focus on renewing and lapsed subscribers, multi single ticket buyers and donors for the 2017/18 season. You will work with both the marketing and development departments on key campaigns throughout the season. Make your own hours to get the best results. All leads provided. Contract term begins April 2017 through December 2017.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Calls lapsed subscribers and/or donors using standard telephone equipment
- Share exciting details of upcoming season programming to influence subscription purchase
- Complete subscription orders and donation forms as instructed
- Keep weekly sales tracking forms up to date and accurate
- Work within the given campaign guidelines using internal leads and materials
- Contribute to team effort by reaching weekly and monthly sales goals
Desirable Skills and Competencies
- A background in direct sales, and preferably for performing arts nonprofit organizations
- The ability to articulate an artistic season to patrons who are buying subscriptions and contributing funds
- A talent for up-selling
- The ability to ask for donations with subscriptions and just donations during the spring season
- A love of the performing arts, classical music a bonus
- Motivated by major bonuses
- An upbeat and passionate individual
Results driven, persistent, good time management, strategic thinker, strong telemarketing skills, good customer service attitude, highly motivated, not discouraged by rejection, professional manner with prospects and colleagues and strong product knowledge.
Education and Training
Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra & Chorale will provide all training, leads and materials. Must know how to use email and have very basic computer skills to track progress. Familiarity with Paton Manager software is a plus, but not crucial.
Up to 40 hours per week including some evenings and weekends. Work in our SF office in Union Square. Leads and training provided.
Contract term April 2017 – December 2017. $18 hourly rate base plus very generous and competitive commission and bonus structure.
ABOUT PHILHARMONIA BAROQUE ORCHESTRA & CHORALE
Under the musical direction of Nicholas McGegan for 31 years, Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra & Chorale (PBO) is recognized as America’s leading historically-informed ensemble. Using authentic instruments and stylistic conventions of the Baroque to early-Romantic periods, the Orchestra engages audiences through performance, tours, recordings, commissions, and education of the highest standard. Founded in the Bay Area 35 years ago, the ensemble is the largest of its kind in the United States. The Orchestra performs an annual subscription season in four venues throughout the Bay Area and is regularly heard on tour in the US and around the world.