ABOUT PHILHARMONIA BAROQUE ORCHESTRA & CHORALE
Under the musical direction of Nicholas McGegan for 30 years, Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra & Chorale (PBO) is recognized as America’s leading historically-informed ensemble. Using authentic instruments and stylistic conventions of the Baroque to early-Romantic periods, the Orchestra engages audiences through performance, tours, recordings, commissions, and education of the highest standard. Founded in the Bay Area 35 years ago, the ensemble is the largest of its kind in the United States. The Orchestra performs an annual subscription season in four venues throughout the Bay Area and is regularly heard on tour in the US and around the world.
JOB TITLE: Development & Events Manager
Reporting to PBO’s Director of Development, the Development & Events Manager will provide support and manage a range of Development activities including donor cultivation and stewardship; donor cultivation events; donor data management; gift processing; and internal and external coordination including scheduling and communications surrounding committee meetings. This position requires strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize as well as multi-task. The candidate should have the appropriate experience to make decisions and work independently, and has already worked in fast-paced Development departments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage gift processing, acknowledgement, and donor benefits system for the Annual Fund and other campaigns. Coordinate all donor benefits and fulfillment.
- Manage technical aspects of fall and spring fundraising appeals, including direct mail and tele-fundraising programs in collaboration with the Director of Development.
- Coordinate board meetings including communication for board meetings, board packet distribution, attendance tracking, communication for off-site meetings, technical set-up, and minute taking.
- Coordinate administrative operations for Annual Gala and Auction, including committee meetings and all technical elements such as auction item procurement and database management, auction catalog coordination, Powerpoint presentation, day-of technical coordination of auction terminals, volunteers and other logistics.
- Manage Philharmonia’s donor events in conjunction with the Director of Development, including planning, execution and budgetary oversight.
- Maintain and manage systems for donor records and files
- Serve as primary coordinator for administrative volunteers including managing staff requests, soliciting volunteers and coordinating volunteer events.
- Lead responsibility for Philharmonia’s donor and ticketing database, PatronManager. As such, manage integrity of patron data, pull reports as needed for solicitation and stewardship, and document processes in a user guide. Also responsible for daily gift entry. Oversees the work of the Office Manager to ensure timely processing of gift acknowledgements.
- A passion for classical music.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two (2) year in fundraising. Experience in the performing arts a plus.
- Must be able to make decisions confidently and work independently. Mature, team-player who thinks on his/her own feet and thrives on making suggestions or improvements.
- Painstaking attention to detail. The candidate believes that accuracy in materials like donor acknowledgments, program book recognition, and sponsor signage is directly correlated with patron loyalty and retention.
- Excellent organizational skills. Manages multiple and competing deadlines in a very fast-paced environment and communicates effectively with managers regarding status of work and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to manage relationships and communicate professionally with multiple constituencies including Board of Directors, donors, patrons, and colleagues.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and databases, office networks, and operating systems. Experience with nonprofit databases required. Familiarity with Saleforce/PatronManager is a plus.
- Some evening and weekend hours are required during concert season.
Salary range: $60,000-$64,000 plus benefits, commensurate with experiences and skills. PBO is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Include “Development & Events Manager” in the subject line.
JOB TITLE: Box Office & Patron Services Manager
Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra & Chorale is seeking a seasoned Box Office & Patron Services Manager to join a passionate team of professionals. PBO is an internationally recognized leader in historically-informed Early/Baroque music and performs a popular concert season throughout the bay area each year and also regularly tours the country and world and produces critically-acclaimed, commercially-released recordings. The Orchestra is experiencing a period of growth and needs your exceptional organizational and customer service talents to help make PBO a world-class organization.
Oversee all day to day operations of the box office and patron services department from box office systems and ticket order fulfillment to providing exceptional customer interactions with patrons. The Box Office & Patron Services Manager will ensure hospitable, smooth and efficient ticketing operations while taking care of the needs of important patrons and subscribers. Responsible for programming, monitoring, maintaining and updating the Patron Manager database and ticketing system, tracking daily sales, providing customer service and patron account management, ticket fulfillment and supervising support staff. This role is highly visible and interacts with subscribers, single-ticket buyers, ticket vendors and venue partners. Owns all box office responsibilities and leads by example in providing the highest level of customer service to all patrons, vendors and partners.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Use Patron Manager system to set up concert season, ticketed events, enter orders, maintain accurate patron data, design and maintain seating manifests, and reconcile the financial settlement of all event box office statements
- Develop high level strategies for the management and fulfillment of subscription tickets
- Advise and assist with the creation of various box office related reports using the Patron Manager database/ticketing system
- Oversee the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly sales of tickets and entering and submitting reports to marketing as required
- Must be onsite at all concerts (mandatory) for door sales and to provide patron services
- Develop and maintain documentation and training material on Box Office policies and procedures
- Work closely with accounting on executing proper cash handling and cash control procedures.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, respond promptly to customer inquiries and requests, and train all support staff in customer service standards
- Develop community outreach strategies to optimize group sales efforts
- Review and maintain phone tree system, on hold content and system efficiency
- Work with third-party ticket vendors to provide accurate ticket inventory and event information
- Work with Director of Marketing on all in-house telemarketing campaigns and interface with telemarketing staff to assist with inventory inquiries and special requests.
- Provide rapid response for critical patron issues
- Maintain stock levels of tickets, stationery and publicity material, ensuring stocks are ordered in line with business needs.
- Direct support staff to ensure that data is cleaned regularly to avoid duplicate accounts and ensure accurate customer records.
- Work with Marketing Director to identify opportunities and potential income generation.
- Analyze box office information to identify key customer segments, trends and purchasing patterns and provide recommendations of ways this can be interpreted to inform marketing activity.
- Three to five years Box Office experience
- Proven ability to create long term and effective systems for subscription and single ticket management
- Demonstrated ability to create timelines, maps and other tools for managing ticket inventory and sales cycles
- Highly flexible individual who works well in a fast-paced environment
- Bottom-line and sales oriented
- Team spirit and willingness to lend a hand outside of the job description as needed
- Minimum of three years management experience strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of database systems and systems management
- Knowledge of Sales Force/Patron Manager system is strongly preferred
- Must be able to work well independently and to manage, train, and motivate others
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills required
- Candidate must be able to successfully handle multiple priorities in sometimes high stress situations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Windows applications required
- Position requires the ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and to able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Candidate should have cash handling experience and experience in scheduling staff members
- Candidate must also have the ability to work with the public and possess conflict resolution skills
- Must have car and valid driver’s license and be able to attend concerts throughout the bay area
- Good problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritize, identify critical issues and work towards results.
- Ability to work with multiple organizations and vendors proactively and professionally.
Salary range: $55,000 – $59,000 plus benefits, commensurate with experiences and skills. PBO is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Box Office Manager” in the subject line.