Bring Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra to your school!
PBO works with partnering teachers to tailor our entertaining and informative In-School Programs that are relevant to their students. There are four programs from which to choose. Each of the four 45-minute to hour-long programs may be modified for students at any grade level, and are appropriate for large music and cross-disciplinary classes. Scheduling priority will be given to large school assemblies.
In-School Programs offer:
- Vibrant, historically informed performances with audience engagement
- Period Instrument demonstrations, highlighting the instruments’ delightful intricacies and quirks
- Explanations about the music by musicians who live and breathe the specific repertoire featured in each program
- Appreciation for stylistically diverse music
- Advice to students about careers in music
- An ample question and answer period, facilitating memorable interactions between musicians and students
Read about our four program offerings for the 2018-19 school year below and sign up below.
Questions? Email Director of Education Lisa Grodin at email@example.com.
Philharmonia Baroque Productions®
2018-19 In-School Programs
NEW: “Flutes and Pipes, Then and Now” (period flutes and bagpipes)
April 24, 25, & 26, 2019
Featuring a dynamic duo from PBO, this program will take students on a chronological journey of gorgeous music written for two baroque flutes by composers such as Hotteterre, Telemann, and WF Bach. There are a few surprises along the route, including side trips to “visit” the sounds of bagpipes, renaissance flute, and the modern flute. Students will be impressed by the variety of sounds and “affects” (moods) these instruments can create, and they will see first hand just how the instruments evolved over time.
Questions? Please email Lisa Grodin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To complete the application form, please click here.