Bay Area & Beyond
Philharmonia maintains a full suite of local education programs for youth and adults throughout the Bay Area and beyond. Programs include in-school presentations, ensemble coaching, masterclasses, community center events, Pre- Concert Talks, “PBO in the Office” series, and many opportunities for patrons to engage with musicians and scholars in intimate settings. PBO is proud to have its very own Scholar-in-Residence Bruce Lamott, and PBO’s musicians keep the programs on the cutting edge of contemporary scholarship and musical excellence. Philharmonia invites you to participate in our full suite of attention-grabbing education programs!
Education Programs (Recommended for Grade 6 and up)
- In-School Programs: Features a vocal or instrumental ensemble that travels to schools and gives a presentation
- Mobile Mentors: Musicians from Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra & Chorale coach student orchestras and choruses
- Masterclasses & Lecture Series: Masterclasses with PBO’s Guest Artists
- Student Access Initiative (SAI): Students can sign-up for complimentary concert tickets to see PBO perform live!
- Adult Lecture Series
- Concert Access Partnership (CAP): Charitable organizations can sign-up for complimentary concert tickets to see PBO perform live!
- Pre- Concert Talks: Lectures by music experts before each PBO subscription concert
Need additional information? Email Director of Education Lisa Grodin at email@example.com.
About PBO’s Education Program
PBO’s Education Program has been a leading force in early music education since 1989. Through partnerships with institutions such as The Juilliard School, Stanford University, Yale University, Harvard University, San Francisco Conservatory of Music, and the University of California at Berkeley, PBO inspires and helps train a new generation of young artists. Reaching over 4,000 students of all ages annually, the program has enriched the Bay Area’s cultural community through free public masterclasses, symposia, school residencies, community chamber music workshops, full Orchestra concerts for students and teachers, numerous lecture series for adults, and family concerts.